Reduce the file size of your PowerPoint presentations.
A popular topic of question for many PowerPoint users.
Video and image heavy presentations are great but they increase the file size drastically, especially if you need to email the presentation.
Here are some ways to reduce the file size quickly!
Top method! – Compress pictures in your presentation
1. Select a picture in your slide. The Picture Format tab appears.
2. On the Picture Format tab, in the Adjust group, select Compress Pictures.
3. Under Compression options, do any of the following:
Make sure that Apply only to this picture is not selected so that the changes you make here will apply to all pictures in the document.
Select Delete cropped areas of pictures. This option removes the cropped picture data but note that if you delete the cropped picture data, you won't be able to restore it.
Under Resolution, select Use default resolution or Print (220ppi).
4. Hit Save, and check the file size.
Second method! – Delete image editing data and lower default resolution
The data of the original image is retained by default. Deleting it means that you can't restore the changes you make, but it will reduce your file size. Lowering your default resolution also reduces your file size.
1. Go to File > Options > Advanced.
2. Under Image Size and Quality, do the following:
Select Discard editing data. This option removes stored data that's used to restore the image to its original state after it's been edited. Note that if you discard editing data, you won't be able to restore the image after you edit it.
Make sure that Do not compress images in file is not selected.
In the Default resolution list, select a resolution that is 150ppi or lower, recommended 220ppi.
Third method! – Reduce the character set of embedded fonts
If people don't have a specific font on their system, you can embed the fonts you use. However, embedded fonts will increase your file size, and to minimize the file size, you can embed only those characters used in the presentation.
1. Go to File > Options > Save.
2. Under Preserve fidelity when sharing this presentation, select Embed fonts in the file, and then select Embed only the characters used in the presentation.
It's as easy as that!
Contact PresMonkey to assist you.